The Upper Westchester Muslim Society, Inc. was established in 1997 to serve Muslims living and working in the upper part of Westchester County, New York. The society is dedicated to serving the Muslim community, and building bridges with our neighbors of other faiths, in accordance with The Qur’an and the traditions of the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him. The society began with the efforts of about 35 founding members and we welcome new members.
The UWMS masjid serves as a center for prayer, Islamic education, and social gatherings, as well as for religious rites and ceremonies. The UWMS also cooperates and coordinates activities with other masjids and Islamic organizations in Westchester County and the New York/New Jersey metro area.
The Upper Westchester Muslim Society is a not-for-profit organization and charitable donations and contributions are tax deductible.
Directions to UWMS
- Take exit 27 for Marble Ave (Thornwood) on the Saw Mill River Parkway.
- Take a right at the light onto Marble Ave and proceed under the bridge.
- Take a left at the next light onto Broadway.
- Turn into the parking lot on the left just across from the ShopRite shopping plaza.
- After entering the parking lot, proceed to the rear over a small bridge. The masjid is in the office building on the 2nd floor.
The Westchester Beeline bus system also has nearby stops — see bus route 6. Please verify schedules and routes before taking public transit in Westchester.
Parking is limited. During non-business hours, parking is available near the UWMS building. The overflow parking lot is in the ShopRite plaza across Broadway. For Jumu`ah, parking spots next to the building fill up quickly; it is recommended to use the overflow parking lot across the street.
Please be aware that the lot before the bridge belongs to Safeguard Self Storage. Let’s respect our neighbors’ private parking spots.